In this circuit, one can enjoy more of culture of the different tribes and the natural beauty of the Rift Valley in Ethiopia. In addition this circuit includes some historically significant sites such as Harar, which is regarded as the 4th Moslem sacred city of the world next to Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem. This town is also known as the walled city because of the wall that was built in 15th C by Harari (Adare people) to protect themselves from the repeated invasion of surrounding tribes. (Click here to read more about the historical Holy City of Harar.)
GLT 200 BALE PARK PARK (6 DAYS, 5NIGHTS)
01. Arrival and City tour in Addis Ababa. O/N htl.
02. Drive to Bale mountains National Park. O/N htl Goba.
03. Game drive to visit endemic mammals and birds in Bale mountains national park, then to Sanete plateau & Harrena forest. O/N htl, Goba.
04. Visit Sof Omar caves. O/N htl, Goba.
05. Drive back A.A, city tour and sopping. O/N htl.
GLT 201 BALE MOUNTAINS TREKKING (8 DAYS)
01. Arrival & city tour of Addis Ababa. O/N htl.
02. Drive to Bale mts National Park for a game drive. Visit there diversified wild, plant and bird life. O/N in Dinsho lodge.
03. Trekking to Moraro mountain (3750 mts asl.)
04. Trekking to Wasema valley.
05. Climbing Batu mountain and camping near Gebreguracha lake.
06. Ride across the Senate plateau and meet vehicles at the Goba-Dolo Mena road. O/N Goba.
07. Goba-Addis Ababa.
GLT 310 RIFT VALLEY and TURMI
(10 NIGHTS, 11 DAYS)
01. Arrive Addis Ababa and city tour. Visit Entoto Mountains, with very nice view over the capital, and church of St. Mary with adjacent museum of imperial objects. Then back to the city, for the National museum. O/N hotel.
02. Drive to Arbaminch, with some stops for Wolayta people and houses on the way. Very interesting their houses, way of life, cultivation of the false banana (from which they extract their local bread, called Kotcho) and more. O/N Arbaminch Swaynes Hotel 3*.
03. AM drive to the mountains of Chencha to visit the houses, works of weavings (for which they are extremely famous), cultivations (Sorgun or false banana) of Dorze people. PM boat trip on Chamo Lake, for hippos and crocodiles with length reaches 06 meters. Meals & O/N Arbaminch. Use the natural path from Swayne’s hotel to the springs. Very interesting.
04. Drive to Jinka, admiring on the way the interesting Konso, Derase, Ari, Benna and Tsemay people, very famous for hairstyles, their unique culture and traditions, as the ornaments all over their body. Konso people famous for their terracing agricultural works and villages traditions. O/N camp or local hotel Jinka town.
05. Admire Mursi people and villages. Here for beauty women inserts to a round clay plates in to their lips. Men different scarification based on number of enemies or wild animals killed in battle and many other cultures. O/N Mago park camping
06. Cross the Karo people region and visit their village of Kortcho, with beautiful views over the Omo River. Karo people are famous for their extravagant hairstyle in men and for the different ornaments and painting all over their body all men, women and children. Continue for the beautiful Hammer people region & O/N Turmi at the Evangadi campsite & lodge (camp or fixed tents.
07. Full day Turmi, the region of the very nice Hammer people, with unique hairstyles, different cultural traits, ornamental traditions and more. Visit some very interesting villages and folk dances. If by chance it happen, you will see the Hammar marriage ceremony with unique celebrations, such as the bull jumping by men and many others. If necessary, in the morning can be done an excursion at Omorate, around the bank of OMo River, for Dassanech tribes & villages too. O/N Turmi camp or fixed tents.
08. Drive toward Konso & visit the Konso villages and very interesting cultures. O/N htl in Arbaminch.
09. AM Netch Sar Park. PM drive to Langano Lake. O/N htl.
10. Rift valley lakes of Shalla & Abyata back AA O/N htl.
GLT 304: BALE NATIONAL PARK, EL-SOD, KONSO, ARBAMINCH, THE RIFT VALLEY LAKES. (18days)
01. Arrive Addis Ababa.
02. Addis Ababa-Bale Goba. O/N htl.
03. Senete plateau and Harrena Escarpment (Views, Vegetation, animals). O/N htl.
04. Sof Omer cave and back to Goba. O/N htl Goba(or Dodola).
05. Drive from Goba to Wendo genet resort. O/N Wabe Shebele hotel.
06. Borena people. O/N Yabelo.
07. ElSod crater, Dublock singing wells & Borana villages then continue for Konso & their villages. O/N Konso camp of 2* htl.
08. At Turmi see markets, dances, ceremonies, life style of Hammer beautiful people. O/N Turmi camp or lodge.
09. Hammer people, markets, dances and other ceremonies . O/N Turmi.
10. Drive to Omorate and Turkana Lake (Dassanech and Incoreana people), back to Turmi camping.
11. Drive to Karo people & villages. O/N Murulle (bungalow or camp).
12. Enter Mago Park to make Game drive and see the wild life. O/N camp.
13. Drive to Mursi people. O/N Jinka town (camp or 2* htl).
14. Drive to Key Afer village for the Ari, Benna and Tsemay peoples O/N Arbaminch htl 3*.
15. AM Netch Sar Park. PM boating over Chamo lake. O/N Arbaminch htl.
16. AM Dorze people. PM Rift Valley lake of Shala, Abyata and Langano. O/N Langano htl.
17. Rift Valley lakes. Back to Addis Ababa PM free. O/N chosen htl.
GLT 202 TREKKING TO THE BALE MOUNTAINS
(9 NIGHTS, 10 DAYS)
01. Arrive to Addis Ababa. O/N htl.
02. Drive to Bale. O/N camping at the Park headquarters (Disho).
03. Start trekking Dinsho-Fencha Abera 18kms, Weib River, Water Falls.
04. Fencha Abera –Wassama 3900 mts, above sea level, 24kms.
05. Wassama- Gebre Guracha, after 26kms or 9 hours trekking camp at the foot of Mount Batu, (4317 mts).
06. Gebre Guracha-Konte, there get the Vehicle.
07. Drive to Wondogenet resort area (walking in the forest + hot water swimming pool). O/N htl.
08. Visit the Rift Valley lakes of Shalla, Abyata and Langano. ON Langano.
09. Drive back to AA. PM Mercato market.
GLT 203 BALE TREKKING (12 DAYS)
01. Arrive AA.
02. Drive to Asela and Bale Goba. O/N htl.
03. Drive to Dodola. O/N htl.
04. Trek to Duro. O/N htl.
05. Trek to Mololicho. O/N htl.
06. Trek to Adele and Angafu. O/N htl.
07. Trek to Wahao. O/N htl.
08. Trek to Dodola. O/N htl.
09. Drive lake Awasa and Wondogenet forest where there is spa and natural hot water swimming pool. O/N 3* htl.
10. Back to A.A. PM Mercato Market. O/N htl.
GLT 204 RIFT VALLEY LAKES, BALE AND AWASH PARKS (10 DAYS)
01. Arrive Addis Ababa. City tour and O/N chosen htl.
02. Drive to Visit Shalla, Abyata and Langano lakes. O/N htl 3*.
03. Visit Wondogenet natural spot. O/N Awasa htl 3*.
04. Drive to Bale. O/N htl 3*.
05. Drive to Bale mountains national park to visit animals, birds and plants, O/N htl 3*.
06. Visit Sof Omar caves. Back for an O/N htl, Goba.
07. Drive to Awash National Park. O/N htl or camp.
08. Visit palm spring and Fentale volcanic rim. O/N htl or camp (we suggest camp).
09. Drive to Addis Ababa O/N htl.
GLT 205 BALE PARK & RIFT VALLEY LAKES (9 DAYS)
01. Arrival and city tour in Addis Ababa.
02. Drive south visit Ziway, Shalla, Abyata and Langano lakes. ON Langano.
03. Continue south to lake Awasa, fish market, birds & boating. O/N htl Awasa (3*).
04. Drive to Dinsho, park headquarters and start trekking. O/N camp Dinsho.
05-08. Trekking through the western side of the park, a vast Moorland in Africa. Passing mountains and cliffs where the Golden Eagle and Lammergeyer are nesting, meet your vehicles. (On day 8 at Senate Plateau visit Harenna Forest and back to Goba, Wabe Shebele Hotel (3*).
GLT 206 HARAR & DIRE DAWA (BY AIR)
01. Addis Ababa, city tour & O/N chosen htl.
02. Fly to Dire Dawa, city tour & drive for O/N at Harar.
03. Morning visit Babile, the valley of marvels. PM Harar’s mosques, churches, tombs, French poet Rimbaud house, market, Adere people cultural houses. Evening hyena man performance.
04. Drive to Dire Dawa and fly back to Addis Ababa.
GLT 207 AWASH, HARAR AND DIRE DAWA (8 DAYS)
01. Arrival Addis Ababa.
02. Drive to the Awash National Park and game drive, camp or the Kereyou Lodge, (we suggest camp).
03. Drive to Mount Fentale and the Palm hot spring. O/N Awash.
04. Drive to Harar. O/N htl.
05. Visit Harar (full day). O/N htl.
06. Drive to Dire Dawa & fly back to AA. O/N htl.